By Riamy Beuscher, communications intern
It is no secret that there is an overwhelming need for affordable housing throughout the United States. However, rather than addressing public concerns many affordable housing projects are simply tabled.
Concerned citizens are often misinformed about the impacts that affordable housing units will have in their communities. The Gazette recently addressed myths about affordable housing:
- Affordable housing will drive down my property values
- Affordable housing will lower test scores and educational quality in my child’s school
- Affordable housing will increase crime in my neighborhood
- Affordable housing will look “cheap” and ugly
- If we ignore the need for affordable housing, it will simply go away.
To read more about the facts of affordable housing, go here: http://www.thegazette.com/subject/opinion/staff-editorial/busting-myths-about-affordable-housing-and-the-people-who-live-there-20161120