More than 43 million people in the United States rely on private water wells as their sole drinking water source according to a national research study by the US Geological Survey. The study also found that more than one out of the five wells contained one or more contaminants at concentrations above the safe human health benchmark.
Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC), a nonprofit organization is offering private well owners free well assessments and water quality screening for nitrate.
Free well assessments include:
- On-site inspection of your well system to identify potential well vulnerabilities.
- Identify potential well contamination sources near the well site.
- Well construction inspection relative to state standards to note any potential concerns.
- Water quality screening for nitrate, commonly associated with wastewater contamination.
- Completed well assessment report with recommendations of possible needed repairs and water treatment options.
Available in California (Within 60 miles of Sacramento, Chico, Bakersfield, Fresno city).
Free well assessments are limited. Selection will be based on selected applicants within the well assessment areas. All information will be kept confidential.
Register online, via phone or email.
- Register online at http://www.rcac.org/environmental/individual-well-program/
- Contact Thi Pham, (916) 447-2854, ext. 1038 or email email@example.com.
- Para Español, llame a Jerry Tinoco (661) 401-1857