Idaho State Revolving Fund – Household Septic System Program
Low interest rate loans/grants available to refurbish or replace individual septic systems.
- Residence must be in a rural area, town or community in the state of Idaho with a population not exceeding 50,000.
- Applicants must own and occupy the home served by the septic system to be renovated or replaced.
- New home construction and systems serving other than the homeowner occupied dwelling are not eligible.
- Households with annual income not exceeding $49,174 are income eligible for loan assistance.
- Households with annual income not exceeding $24,587 are income eligible for grant assistance.
- System renovation or replacement must require a permit and the work must be performed by a licensed contractor.
- The homeowner’s property will be encumbered by a Deed of Trust for loans and a Grant Lien Agreement for grants.
- Maximum amount of assistance – $15,000.
- Associated loan costs estimated not to exceed $600, e.g., credit report, recording and RCAC loan fee are applicant expenses and can normally be included in the loan or grant.
Septic System Maintenance—Tips and Resources
*Illustration courtesy of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.