Browsing Category Archives

Based on “Self-Help Housing”.

Planning for homeownership month

June is Homeownership Month and now is the time to start planning for success! Every year we search for interesting ways to celebrate, garner exposure for our programs and get community members, media and state representatives to attend. Here are some ideas for your celebration that grantees have had success with, in the past:

USDA Proposed Rule comments being accepted – single family housing direct programs

On Nov. 25, 2019, a Proposed Rule was published in the Federal Register to seek comments on proposed changes that would increase program flexibility, allow more borrowers to access affordable loans, better align single family housing direct programs with best practices, and enable the programs to be more responsive to economic conditions and trends. Comments are due on or before Jan. 24, 2020.

Section 502 special Procedural Notice published July 22

On July 22 USDA RD published a special Procedural Notice making significant changes to Section 502 Direct loans packaging and processing guidance. Some of the language incorporated the Final Rule, some made the temporary authorizations issued earlier this year permanent, and some changed altogether.

502 Direct loan packaging training

Hosted by RCAC August 28 – 30, 2018 in Sacramento, California – This three-day advanced course will cover USDA Rural Development’s (RD) Section 502 direct loan program and provide invaluable insight as to how this homeownership financing resource can be used in your communities.