RCAC supports nonprofit organizations to develop affordable housing and community facilities in the rural West. Our goal is to encourage and build a rural affordable housing network so each state has access to nonprofit organizations that develop affordable housing in rural areas. We offer many services—from technical assistance to consulting to partnering. RCAC also identifies and encourages nonprofit organizations that develop housing on tribal lands and within colonias.
Our team has collectively developed or financed thousands of rental and homeownership affordable housing units during the past 40 years. RCAC will only develop or own rental housing with a local nonprofit partner. We will also develop or assist in the development of affordable, for-sale homes. We have extensive experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), USDA Rural Development 515, 514/516, HOME, CDBG, AHP, tax-exempt bonds, state housing trust funds, project-based Section 8, local and state resources, and conventional financing.
We can offer you:
- Experience in and knowledge of many funding sources
- A mission to build and expand nonprofit organizations that have limited experience
- Access to financing through RCAC’s Loan Fund
- Long-term commitment to the rural West and affordable housing in rural communities
- Deep relationships throughout the rural West with funding and other industry partners
- Commitment to giving clients a fair return on their investment work